• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A recent addition to my DANSCO 7070, grade reveled with comment.

13 posts in this topic

Hi, Everyone

I will be adding this 1898 Barber quarter dollar to my DANCO Type Collection 7070 album and I thought I would share with all of you. smile.gif

It does have that nice soft gold tone to it. The most of the scratches on Liberty's face and neck seem to be refecting off the slab. Care to post a grade and/or other comments welcome.

AAJ

b251898o.jpg

b251898r.jpg

Nice coin, wouldn't mind finding one for my 7070 set. I don't know enough about the series to guess a grade. Looks MS.

Nice Barber. It should look great in an album. a good looking eye appealling coin cloud9.gif

thumbsup2.gifcloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

retoning nicely and it will tone up more in the album over the years hence the eye appeal will only get better on this scarce undervalued historical type coin

thumbsup2.gif

That is indeed a beaut of a Barber. I found a Barber dime, MS-63, the other day with that rich buttery silver full lustre that I just had to have. It just gleamed out at me from the case.

I would guess very high-end MS-63, or MS-64. But more importantly, it has a delightful, originally patinated appearance that I just love. I think it's IDEAL for a premiere-quality Dansco album type-set collection.

GO FOR IT 893applaud-thumb.gif!

Hi, James_EarlyUS and everyone!

Thank you all for your positive comments on my new addition. I also thought it was a MS coin, thanks James for the high praise! grin.gif

The coin is currently in a ANACS old green, small holder and is graded an AU 55.

1898anacsslab.jpg

These ANACS little green guys hold many conservatively graded coins so I enjoy looking for them to help supply my DANCO 7070! Ah, the ol' coin grade not the slab axiom, true in this case IMHO.

AAJ