• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr Braddick,,,This coin is a MONSTER...

156 posts in this topic

I guess the coin looks kinda "neat" but as far as NT.....not in my book.

It looks creepy to me but I would like it as an odity and without a premium (I would rather make my own)

Ray

I would rather make my own
Do you know how to make that look? So far I haven't seen anyone claim to be able to or point to another coin with a similar look. If you do, please share smile.gif

I sold the IHC to Winston that he has posted here. Did I think it was manipulated? No. Did I think it looked like MS70 was used on it? No. Might I be correct? Yes. Might I be incorrect? Of course. Might it be likely that I have a better idea of what it looks like in-hand than others? Yes.

By the way, it was purchased from Rick in March, 2003 at the PF64BN level and was sold as such.

What some folks seem to forget is that Copper does tone naturally Blue - they want to conclude that any copper that is blue has been messed with. That is a false conclusion based on a false premise.

What some folks seem to forget is that Copper does tone naturally Blue - they want to conclude that any copper that is blue has been messed with. That is a false conclusion based on a false premise.
Has anyone here claimed all blue copper has been worked?

Has anyone here claimed all blue copper has been worked?

Some have reached the conclusion that all copper that is blue has been messed with - this is not correct: Here's a quote from ATS by someone who is very knowledgeable as to the color progression of natural toning on copper:

The primary color progression for copper (actually means copper colored surfaces) is as follows:

No toning - Orange (Red copper color) - Burgandy - Dark Blue - Light Blue - Silver - Lemon Yellow - Red - Blue - Green - Yellow - Red - Green .... Black

Please note that the colors <Yellow - Red - Green> keep repeating- becoming grayer after each repeat until it turns black.

Note that dark blue and light blue are both colors that copper naturally tones. What some choose to believe does not always correspond to the actual facts - especially when they don't know what the facts are. confused.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Here's a quote from ATS by someone who is very knowledgeable as to the color progression of natural toning on copper:
The primary color progression for copper (actually means copper colored surfaces) is as follows:

No toning - Orange (Red copper color) - Burgandy - Dark Blue - Light Blue - Silver - Lemon Yellow - Red - Blue - Green - Yellow - Red - Green .... Black

Please note that the colors <Yellow - Red - Green> keep repeating- becoming grayer after each repeat until it turns black.

Note that dark blue and light blue are both colors that copper naturally tones. What some choose to believe does not always correspond to the actual facts - especially when they don't know what the facts are.
That's good info. Thanks for posting it thumbsup2.gif

Who wrote it?