• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I PLACED A BID BUT THE AMOUNT WAS TOO SMALL

12 posts in this topic

$305 dollars for a spiked head Sac, that's incredible. Guess I under-insured mine when I sent it to Potter laugh.gif It's a variety though, not an error coin as NGC labeled it blush.gif

I don't know why they labeled it like an off-center, with the time. It's certainly not a mechanical error, as NGC seems to imply. I also have a problem with calling them all "spiked head" varieties, as there are two different die cracks on 2003 Sacs and the variety name is supposed to help collectors differentiate between them. "Spiked chin" and "scarface" varieties exist in other series. Why not a "spiked neck" or even a "leaky minuteman" variety? The answer probably has more to do with politics and egos than numismatics. blush.gif

Exactly right Critto. To many politics. I call it as I see it. If he , he is . If he has a spiked neck, he has a spiked neck. If he has a spiked head, he has a spiked head. It ain't my fault where the crack shows up. Call it what it is, and grade it as such NGC.

KINGKOIN KING OF KOINS insane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif