• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your opinion on selling Commemoratives

9 posts in this topic

EBay would probably be the easiest alternative. If I were you, I would watch some of the other auctions for any of the commems that you are considering for sale. Are current auction results comparable to what you would like to get for your commems? If not, you may have to find another avenue for their disposal or wait for a better time to sell. Have you noticed that the price of silver is on the rise again?

Chris

Great Kennedy error by the way.

Thanks! I found it in a $100 Mixed P&D bag that I bought from the Mint in 2004. It cost me $0.68.

Chris

Which would you choose if you were going to sell your commems to concentrate on say your Morgans?

Having JUST done what you are proposing ON Ebay - There are two rules of thumb.

Find a Start price and See if they sell ( If they do not then you will have relisting fees until they do ) Compare recent sales priced to get a start figure and I would cut it 10% and see if they sell.

I went with the "Let em go " attitude and started them at $9.99 and where they ended up they ended up. Did fairly well. I made sure that shhhhhhhh my shipping packaging handling AND FEES were worked into the shipping price, BECAUSE at that start price and NO guarantees of return, there was not going to be "COST OF DOING BUSINESS" absorbed by ME smile.gif

Good Luck

I'd start off offering them for sale here and on the PCGS boards. You're not paying any eBay fees that way and if they sell, you're (hopefully) getting what you want out of them.

If they won't sell here or there, then I'd go the step of doing eBay.

Depends on how fast you want to sell a coin or do you just want the best price. I would think ebay would bring the best price for any coin but if not sold, then try, try again stuff. As for just selling them try so many of these coin forums and there are a lot of them. If really want to just get rid of them find a coin show, go there and keep asking dealers if they want them.