• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

having a real problem ID ing the Coin/token Norway ?

9 posts in this topic

WHAT IS THIS .. it has been bugging me for a while lately as to what this coin is which i found in a job lot .. Could it be from Norway ???893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1759880-%A3%A3%A3.jpg

1759880-%A3%A3.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifhi.gif

Thanks for the information i just have to learn how to speek Norwegen now 27_laughing.gif

The web page has a english version on the left side Wayne 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gif

Thanks for the information i just have to learn how to speek Norwegen now 27_laughing.gif

The web page has a english version on the left side Wayne 27_laughing.gifforeheadslap.gifhi.gif

makepoint.gif893applaud-thumb.gif aha thats better now i understand !!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

17 May is Norwegian Independence Day. They actually have a parade for it in Seattle, with its significant Norwegian community, so anyone who's lived anywhere near the Ballard region of Seattle has gotten a full dose of bork bork bork. On 17 May it's a good time to eat lefse, which is basically potato tortillas.

Olaf became king after Haakon VII, who reigned during the war (partly benefiting from you folks' hospitality and support, Wayne). He was a teen, I think, as Crown Prince when the Norwegian Royal Family and cabinet were trying to escape the Germans.

the reverse shows the last lines of the national anthem

And as the fathers' struggle has raised

it from poverty to victory,

even we, when it is demanded,

for its peace will encamp (for defence).

or

And, as warrior sires have made her

Wealth and fame increase,

At the call we too will aid her

Armed to guard her peace.

as translated in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja,_vi_elsker_dette_landet

the text in the circle around the protrait of the young crown prince Olav says Norway, you are ours, the land of the future.

It seesm likely to be produced in 1905, to mark the dissolution of the Union with Sweden, and not an official coin