• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I gotta get back on track with my bust half collecting knowledge...

Which book would you choose next?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which book would you choose next?

17 posts in this topic

Bust Half Fever gives you a broader background into the Half Dollars than the Ultimate Guide. I use the latter to help attribute my coins but the former is far more interesting and enjoyable reading.

Bust half fever is a must.. Ed Souders is not only an exciting writer, covers inner material that is always a wonder to digest, but is also a very nice guy.

The other book is superflous. I have it, I use it, but it's peripheral to the main overton and bust half fever books.

I have been told that Bust Half Fever is a great book. The only problem is everyone is sold out. If anyone knows where a copy can be purchased, please let me know.

P.S. BHF can be bought on CD but I would rather have the book.

The first edition of BHF, which was released in 1995 and listed for about $35, sold out rather quickly and would then come up sporadically on the web for perhaps $85-$115. The second edition of BHF, which is greatly expanded and has been available for over a year at a list price of about $75, just sold out last week from both the publisher and the author. This book has been praised widely on the coin boards and was marketed heavily by the publisher on ebay. If you search you will likely be able to find a copy, but this may be a case of waiting too long to take the plunge.

this may be a case of waiting too long to take the plunge.

You know Tom, it’s your job to keep me abreast of these developments wink.gif I’ll see what I can find.

I spoke with a lady at Eagle Eye http://www.indiancent.com/ She said that she would call around and see if she could locate one for me. She found one that was $120. I bought it. $120 just doesn’t seem like that much when a coin purchase mistake can be so much more costly.

Congratulations Winstonware. I too found a new 2nd editon copy of BHF on amazon.com. I, like you, add to pay a premium over list for the book.