• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Quarters today...

19 posts in this topic

I got a batch of 5 Quarters today in the mail. All the coins are MS smile.gif

1936 S

1937 S

1939 S

1940 D

1942 S

Anyhow take a look at this one and give me your opinions.

n42s.jpg

Edited to add all 5 coins are RAW.

Bruce,

Sounds like a nice batch of new coins you received today. On the 1942 S I am going to say that you have there an MS-67. Based on the image, some side investigation and good ole deductive reasoning let's say. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It is a very nice looking coin. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Nice coins Bruce thumbsup2.gif. If I’m not mistaken, and I’m using the terminology appropriately, those first two coins appear to have what TomB termed phlegmy toning. Oh now I’m sure I’m getting this wrong. Someone help me out.

Nice coins Bruce thumbsup2.gif. If I’m not mistaken, and I’m using the terminology appropriately, those first two coins appear to have what TomB termed phlegmy toning. Oh now I’m sure I’m getting this wrong. Someone help me out.

Phlegmy

So, phlegmy toning may indicate a completely original coin from a paper wrapped roll. Enjoy!

I would consider both coins untoned. Not enough to warrant any premium.

Five very nice pickups Bruce!!! I quite like the '42-S and the '39-S. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Are these needed dates for your set, or are they repeats/upgrades, or a mix of both?