• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000-w Library of Congress - HAZE

2 posts in this topic

Hello -

I have purchased a LOC PROOF version and is encapsulated by ANACS. The obverse PLATINUM field has a slight haze which I am sure was not there when initially slabbed by ANACS. My Intention is to crossover at same or better (PF69 Heavy Cameo ) grade and feel as though with this haze it will not cross at same. Have you worked with the PLATINUM on these coins before and what were the results of your services.

This haze maybe slab reflection too but I think I would feel more comfortable sending it to you THEN to NGC for encapsulation.

Let me know what you think

Mike

We have had success in conserving the bi-metal Library of Congress coins in the past. We have been able to remove hazing which allows the coin the grade better with NGC. Without seeing your coin, of course, I would not be able to comment on specifically what might be done to help your piece.

Chris, NCS