• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foreign Coin Help, Please.

9 posts in this topic

Don't know anything about coins. These were given to me to try and sell for a friend. Can anyone give me some info on these and/or possibly tell me where/how to sell these?

Thanx in advance!

Coincs1.jpg

Coins8.jpg

Coins7.jpg

Coins6.jpg

Coins5.jpg

Coins4.jpg

Coins3.jpg

Coins2.jpg

Coins13.jpg

Coins12.jpg

Coins11.jpg

Coins10.jpg

Coins.jpg

Coins9.jpg

The last one is a Canada Totem Pole dollar, pretty common. I see a Panda (the coin with the large bear on it) which would sell around melt value, as well as the Brit (the one with the 2002 date, one ounce fine silver)

You may get around $20-$25 for the panda and the Brit? Seems about right.

I see a Panda (the coin with the large bear on it) which would sell around melt value, as well as the Brit (the one with the 2002 date, one ounce fine silver)

They both go for more than melt.

I'm not familiar with the term "melt". What exactly does that mean? Is that the value of the actual silve that can be extracted from coins?

Thanx!

Can you show me a picture of the reverse of the French coin (the one that has a picture of the Statue of Liberty, and is dated 1886-1986). I want to know if it is a piedfort (a double thick coin). If so, it will say piedfort on the reverse, towards the rim and to the left of the F in "Fraternite." I already have a piedfort, but may be in the market for the regular issue version.