• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oooooops!

6 posts in this topic

This coin is graded NGC 1958 MS66*FBL. I don't disagree that it is a nice looking coin. There's just one tiny little detail that both NGC and Teletrade missed. See the D mintmark on the reverse? Poof goes the Philadelphia minting. I sure hope that whoever bid on this coin noticed that little detail. 1958 Franklins are MUCH less likely to be FBL than 1958 D Franklins, so it may be that the bidder bid significantly more thinking they were getting a P mint as that's a strong price for that coin.

Linky

Someone's going to be pretty unhappy. And I may be showing my ignorance (and of course I don't have the coin before me under magnification), but those bell lines look a little rubbed in the middle to boot.

Maybe they were paying extra for the fingerprints...

For this coin, the prints are authenticators! grin.gif

Perhaps the wrong reverse image was put up with the correct obverse...did the auction ever show the slab as a whole? (meaning did NCG really miss the mint mark as opposed to Teletrade screwing up?) confused-smiley-013.gif