• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Nice Bust Half

12 posts in this topic

Jeez, Ron, I hate to see you stuck with an old tarnished thing like that. Just to relieve your pain I'll take it off your hands for face value. wink.gif

SWEET! thumbsup2.gif

That really is an exceptional coin. AU-fiftysomething? Even with the light wear, there just are not that many that attractive. My own bust half is nowhere near that flashy-looking.

Ron, didn't your momma tell you about playing with sharp objects? The points on those stars could hurt someone. Better let me take that from you at no charge to save you from yourself. About as good a struck cbh as I have seen. Great coin.

That really is an exceptional coin. AU-fiftysomething? Even with the light wear, there just are not that many that attractive. My own bust half is nowhere near that flashy-looking.

Just shows you why I don't collect CBHs confused.gif - That coin is graded MS65 by NGC!

Just shows you why I don't collect CBHs confused.gif - That coin is graded MS65 by NGC!

the coin is exceptionally beautiful.

you really need to examine these in hand to really judge the grade, and then, even the two top tier tpg's are faulty in that respect, considering strike issues and cabinet friction. If ngc graded it a 65 and not a 55, I'd be really surprised if it wasn't MS, considering the level of flash and the flawless surfaces, but couldn't comment accurately without actually examining it myself.

all that aside, I wouldn't let that stop you from collecting CBH's, just buy the coin and not the holder and stay away from any 65's by any grading company without at least a second opinion. Just my thoughts. And only because of the money you'll be expending at that 'lofty' level.