• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: World Coins- some Ancient

12 posts in this topic

I know I'm a comic guy and am straying beyond my known realm....for that reason I'm going to ask for either best offers on the following coins, or help with their market value.

These coins have been discussed here: Coins ID'd

The only reason for the sale is that during the current VCC (virtual comic con) there has been one of my "grails" put up for sale.

If there are no takers I'll be posting these for sale on CrapBay. Paratrooper's Ebay ID: vaughnwarren

How much for #6?

No idea, but that one has a cool story behind it's purchase.

Back in 2003 when I deployed to Iraq is when this coin was purchased. Some of my soldiers and I went on R & R to a little Kurd city called Dahuk. We were free to roam around the city, even without weapons or body armor, the Kurds are a very friendly people and love (or loved) american soldiers. Heck, my soldier's and I were invited to some Kurdish homes, served Chai (tea/coffee) by the family wife.

Long story short: while I was in the city I went shopping. I bought a few sweet persian rugs and some coins. Where these street merchant got these coins I am not sure. The shops I bought them from were ligitimate shops and not some street corner merchant. I think coin #6 was at one time hung around a person's neck...what happened to the person that used to wear it...not sure devil.gif

I do not know the value of these coins, but I am interested in these. If you have any prices in mind shoot me a PM. Also wanted to say THANKS FOR SERVING!! Guys like you make places like this possible. What division were you in? I know a guy in the 83rd Airborne. Maybe it was the 82th? If I remember correctly he was in Mozul in 2003.

As the son and son-in-law of old jumpers, I echo Bruce. Your service is appreciated and valued.