• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many words can fit............

12 posts in this topic

on a coin.

I was wondering if anyone knows what US Minted coin has the most words (total) on it?

And the coin with the fewest words?

Maybe a contest is in order to find these?

I would say the 3 Cent also for the least.

Not counting Medals, Colonial and State Quarters I think that the Kennedy Half Dollar would have the most words. 18 in all, not including "200". Next would be the Lincoln Cent, Jefferson Nickel and Peace Dollar all of which have 15 words.

Rey

This is a very interesting question, and if one expands it to issues that may have circulated in the early US then certain Conder tokens come to mind such as the following-

1750143-Copyofnew-1a.jpg

1750143-Copyofnew-1a.jpg.b90f169b7604a39840ff26c0e6f969e5.jpg

Your absolutely right on the commemoratives, I don't have enough to be able to determine which has the most, etc. so I did not include those. I imaging more than 18 words on those is a very good possibility.

Rey

1994 VIETNAM VETERANS has well over 40 words if you count names as words.

if not it has over 20 words.Ill take a close look and count them up.

The better question is how many words can fit on a coin and still be legible. wink.gif They put the entire New Testamament on a postage stamp and shipped it up with Voyager.

There was an Alcatraz inmate who actually carved the entire verse of John 3:16 on the head of a pin in perfect, legible block letters.....by hand!

Tedssupply is correct on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, I was just to lazy to try and count the words but by what I can tell it does have the most. Reading glasses and magnifying glasses can be a pain. Anyways, regarding the inmate, absolutely, I have heard of that. I also think I remember seeing these sidewalk vendors who will engrave something unbelievable like that on a grain of rice?

Rey

There was an Alcatraz inmate who actually carved the entire verse of John 3:16 on the head of a pin in perfect, legible block letters.....by hand!

NO! I refuse to believe. Not by HAND. Unless the pin was a bowling pin. Not to be a wet blanket, but ....got a link?

makepoint.gif