• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has something similar to this happened to you?

8 posts in this topic

I bought a United States Early Half Dollar Die Varieties 1794-1836 back in January. The book was new and was a 4th edition, first printing by Donald L. Parsley.

Anyway, I bought the book to be able to identify the many die varieties for each date bust half. I have been doing this and have enjoyed the book very much.

The other day I wanted to look up the rarity rating on a 1836 O-115. I thumb through the book to 1830 and then I start to look up O-115. Well, on one page is O-111 and on the next page is O-119. What's going on? I look down the page and it is page 554. The next page is 563. You got to be kidding!! Pages 555 through 562 have been left out.

Well, all I can say is that it has only taken 3 months to find out that I have a book that is "Not" complete. Has anyone had a similar experience? What a bummer. makepoint.gif

Has anyone had a similar experience? What a bummer.

I had a History book that had pages missing for that weekend assignment...on Monday, the Teacher still failed me, saying she'd never heard of that excuse before.

I pleaded my case even showing her the book to no avail...I assume that she figured I just took the pages out. She even made a note to charge me for the book at the end of the year...what a ****spoon****

My instuctors were a tough lot...unlike todays, but then again their hands were not tied like todays teachers.

~Rubber tipped pointers across the knuckles~ we sat straight up after one of the kids was administered a whack or two. Different times, different methods...but they seemed to work.

The only similar experience I can think of is with the copy of the 1959 Red Book that I have. The very last page, which would have been page 255 and possibly the reverse side has been torn out of the book. The Index ends on page 254 so this page(s) contained something else. I can see the first column of words on the paper that's left but that is it. It is listing the coin types Large Cent, Indian Head Cent, Lincoln, Half Dime, etc. I have always wondered what the rest of that page had on it.

Rey

Just to update this situation. Stone Mountain Supplies, from whom I bought the book , has agreed to send me a photo copy of the missing pages.

Shouldn't they send you a new book? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That would have been nice but since I didn't discover the pages missing till now I guess that is the best I can expect.