• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another 1810 Bust Half

7 posts in this topic

I just received this bust half today. If you care to guess the assigned grade, Overton, and make comments please do so. I posted this in the other forum a few minutes ago by mistake. I was trying to post this and bid at the same time. Doesn't work to well.

2010d.jpg

2010e.jpg

I'll post what I posted in the thread that disappeared, though these images have been lightened up a bit-

The image is quite dark, but the coin appears to be wonderfully struck, especially for an 1810, which is notorious for poor striking qualities. My guess would be an O.106, though the coin image is a bit underlit and it makes it somewhat tougher to attribute. No doubt there are others who will be able to tell better the Overton. Regardless, I really like the coin quite a bit.

I don't see much rim flattening on obverse or reverse. Stars do not look drawn, only flat. This might qualify as the R4 O-106, instead of the more common a-die state.

NGC/ANACS probably called this specimen XF 45. If what appears to be obverse rub is only toning rub, maybe even AU 50.

I like the look of the coin.

cool.gif