• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my 2007 PF £5 coin today Nice !!!

6 posts in this topic

Really impressed with the new £5 What do you think (dust from the scanner)
It's pretty but I have no idea what it says or what it's for!

I checked it out on the British Royal Mint website:

2007 Diamond Wedding £5 Silver Proof

£39.50

On 20 November 1947 Princess Elizabeth married Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten at Westminster Abbey, bringing much needed cheer to post-war Britain. Now, sixty years later, the Royal Mint has struck an official commemorative crown to celebrate the Diamond Wedding anniversary of the Queen and Prince Philip. Two specially created designs grace this sterling silver £5 coin, the obverse bearing a conjoint portrait of the royal couple by Ian Rank-Broadley, FRBS, while the reverse features a stunning design by Royal Mint engraver, Emma Noble, inspired by the Abbey’s north rose window.

The edge inscription ‘MY STRENGTH AND STAY’ is taken from the Queen’s Golden Wedding anniversary speech in which she pays tribute to her husband’s continued support. This 2007 crown piece is one of just five British coins to bear a double portrait and is the only one to be issued in the twenty-first century. Just 35,000 silver crowns, struck to meticulous Proof quality, will be available to satisfy worldwide demand.

• The official Diamond Wedding Crown struck in .925 sterling silver
  • Features a new obverse design and a new reverse design specially created for the 2007 commemorative crown
  • The double portrait is one of only five to appear on British coins
  • Bears an endearing edge inscription
  • Just 35,000 crowns will be struck for worldwide distribution
  • Each silver crown is presented in a display case, accompanied by a fully illustrated Certificate of Authenticity.

The official Diamond Wedding Silver Proof Crown is the perfect lasting memento of this royal occasion.

Nice coin smile.gif

sorry.gif sorry about that forgot that not everyone is ofay with UK coins sorry.gif

You did it better than me any way nice nab from the RM web site thumbsup2.gif

ps cannot wait to NGC it 27_laughing.gif

I am always amazed at the beauty and detail of the British and Canadian Proof Coins - The Cameos and frostings are amazing.

Rey