• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my second try

2 posts in this topic

hello mr. and mrs. ngc personnel.

i tried to ask this question in the past and never saw a reply here. i am computer challenged somewhat so i will say it may be my fault. i might have hit the wrong button or something and it wasn't sent,but anyway here is my question. in 1995 were the silver eagles available from the philly mint and the west point seperately? i've heard that the philly was available by itself while the west point eagle was only available in a special proof set, prestige set, i think. please unconfuse me! thanks in advance.

halfpint foreheadslap.gif

• Administrator

Sorry that we missed your first posting of this question.

Yes, Proofs were struck at Philadelphia and sold singly by the U.S. Mint in 1995. In addition, a limited edition proof was coined at West Point in 1995, but it was available only with the purchase of the Gold American Eagle proofs as part of a set. A mere 30,125 examples of the 1995-W proof Silver American Eagle were sold, and this is now the key to this popular series.