• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Britannia Grade please !!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Hi all just scanned my britannia 2007 could you have a go at grading it please

All fields totaly mirrowed the spots you can see are dust.fluff on my scanner 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

on x10 i can find no scraches ect

thanks dooly thumbsup2.gif

1745518-LastScan.jpg

Sorry the Rev just wont scan at 1200 (to much detail)

1745518-1.jpg

1745518-1.jpg.2c67225d6c338300c1fca9b3e9050348.jpg

I think I'm seeing some milk spotting on a few places, but with all that dust, I can't tell. Take a can of air and blow it off then rescan. Is that a hit on the edge between REG and FID? Is that a hit on the lower cheek near the chin? How is the cheek? Is there the usual britannia scuffy aspect to it? I've been thinking lately that what we see on the Queen's cheek might be an incomplete strike (i.e., metal isn't flowing completely up into the die there) like the Franklin halves got.

MS68 +/- 1

How did you order yours? From a dealer's bulk coins or on an individual mint card?

Hi there tried again polished the scanner glass

i cannot see a knock on the coin between REG & FID probably dust on the scanner

Tha cheek seems mirrow smooth in the hand

The coin came from the mint on a card

hear are some more scans

1747209-111.jpg

1747209-11.jpg

hi.gif

1747209-11.jpg.abcf4c56eaa856bf53c88989348e1dc7.jpg

Dooly sent me one as a gift (I LOVE it!) Anyways, these cards they put them on can't be good for the coins. Wayne, yours would probably get a 68 or 69. Unfortunately, probably not a 70.

Hi there thanks for that gess i will have to get another one sent out thumbsup2.gif

There has to be a 69+ out there 893scratchchin-thumb.gif