• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Requirements to be NGC dealer?

2 posts in this topic

I am wondering what the basic requirements to become an NGC Authorized Dealer?

Can I sell via webstore or do I need a 'brick and mortar' location? Also, what are the costs for Bulk Submissions?

I understand the 'dealer for one year' requirement but what are you referring to when requesting 'numismatic references'.

Thank you makepoint.gif

PS> I have an ASE 20th Anniv reverse proof with planchet flaw. Can I get that graded?

• Administrator

An NGC Authorized Dealer should be a full-time numismatist with at least one year professional experience. Four numismatic references are required. These are most often firms in the coin industry with which you have bought and sold coins in a professional capacity. All references are checked, and insufficient references are the main reason that submitters are not awarded dealer accounts.

A 'brick and mortar' store is not a requirement, however, you are expected to handle cordially all inquiries that may come from collectors about NGC coins and submission procedures, or appropriately refer such requests. This includes inquiries about buying and selling NGC certified coins.

Bulk submission rates vary based on coin type, desired turnaround time and several other factors. A minimum of 100 coins of the same type is required for bulk submissions.

In response to your P.S. we will recognize a planchet flaw on a reverse proof 20th Anniversary Eagle as a Mint Error if it is large enough to note. If it's a tiny fleck or struckthrough it will not be noted.