• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned 1948 PCGS MS65 FBL Franklin for sale on ebay

19 posts in this topic

Would it be possible to get better photos? The current photos make it hard to make one's own assessment on whether the coin is FBL or not.

There are currently two FBL fiasco related threads going on ATS which may affect auction participation. You have a return policy but you might get stronger bids with close ups.

Hey Mike can you post the original size picture of the reverse here as Ebay keeps on resizing the thing smaller

Mike

I think it loks more like this no ???

1740033-bell.jpg

Looks like a FULL Liner to me .. but still a little blurry

1740033-bell.jpg.cf69ef0334bf32e7a8799c97b32a8558.jpg

using closeup attachment and different angles of the light (very little space in between lens and coin)

1740180-bell1.JPG

That's an awesome picture - it looks like you're in some sort of ancient temple with a torch lighting up a relief on the wall.

thanks Michael. This piece is so absolutely amazing that you're right, it's like being in a temple or something like that. I didn't want to sell it, thought it would be a keeper, but my addiction to Bust halves has made it impossible to not sell off some things I have. I already sold a shield nickel that was stupendous, and I'm in the process of getting my LIberty nickel crossed to PCGS and if all goes well with that, will sell that, but probably at auction with one of the houses.

The seated libs though....gosh...I can't seem to part with those. Damn! Every time I look at them, I just don't want to put them down.

But then, I've felt that way about this one too, but it's got to go to a new home.

believe it or not, i got it thru ebay. it was supposed to be a nikon adaptable and cost me I think 30-60, I forget. it's ok, but you have to get like mm close to the coin, and shine a light sideways to squeeze into that small area. it does serve it's purpose though.

now my camer coolpix has a macro thing thats automatic or self focus, but still, you can't get as close as with this attachment.

i want to add, that I thought I could photograph a whole coin with it, but a coin like this would be too big to fit in the field that gets focused on, so i can only do portions. like with the bust halves, i can only zero in on the date, e.g., or a group of stars or whatever particular area i'm looking to blow up big and still see detail.

by the way, I white-balanced using a grey card, so the colors are very true. however, if you rotate the coin under a light, it's totally spectacular.