• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let us be reminded...

15 posts in this topic

Let us be reminded while we discuss and debate coins, even heatedly at times that it is all relative. I was reminded of this when I got the call from our neighbor that one of our long time neighbors had passed on this morning from complications of a heart attack. He had been fighting it for a few weeks now after the initial attack. Anyhow to make a long story short remember coins are trivial in the grand scheme of things. Words cannot describe the feelings my friend and his family have right now.

My condolences for your loss. I agree that people are much more important than coins, there is no comparison. Thank you for the reminder.

I was just researching some modern SCDs last night from state centennial celebrations in the early 1990s. These are very recent but still before the web became popular so online documentation is sparse. Many of the online articles I found on celebration committees were obituaries of people who had served on them. Puts things in perspective.

Very well put, in my opinion nothing is more important than life itself, especially amongst family and friends.

Rey

Still so shocking as he was one of the most healthiest people I knew. I grew up with his sun. So as I sit here watching us debate on MS 70 copper, cleaning coins, etc... Just makes you think.. it does not really matter. Live life to the fullest.

Condolences to the family ,Bruce, and all who knew him. Remember coins are just tangient objects and are Missing the most import factor Hu= the Human factor.

Thanks for reminding Bruce.

If you've ever personally come close to pushing up daises yourself, that experience alone will scare you into thinking about life and the pursuit of happiness a bit differently.

Suddenly everything that you once thought was important, dissolves into a realism that only those who surround you are what’s really important.

Good point Bruce.

Since my wife was diagnosed with cancer over 2 years ago, both of us realized then, that life needs to be enjoyed, only family and work needs to be taken seriously, and don't be afraid to express yourself. Feelings and thoughts kept inside will turn into regrets for someone. It's a shame, as I stated in my earlier post, that it takes something drastic to change your life/lives.

My condolences to your nieghbors family Bruce!!

Thanks for all the kind words in a time like this. And here I was last night all bummed out that my monitor had gone out. Puts life back into perspective.

...my wife was diagnosed with cancer over 2 years ago, both of us realized then, that life needs to be enjoyed, only family and work needs to be taken seriously, and don't be afraid to express yourself. Feelings and thoughts kept inside will turn into regrets for someone. It's a shame, as I stated in my earlier post, that it takes something drastic to change your life/lives.

frown.gif I'm sorry, Bobby. But two years is a good indication of recovery.

I love your attitude, your maturity and your contribution to the boards.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif, brother!

...my wife was diagnosed with cancer over 2 years ago, both of us realized then, that life needs to be enjoyed, only family and work needs to be taken seriously, and don't be afraid to express yourself. Feelings and thoughts kept inside will turn into regrets for someone. It's a shame, as I stated in my earlier post, that it takes something drastic to change your life/lives.

Hang in there Bobby,God Bless thumbsup2.gif

Victor put it very well thumbsup2.gif

Hang in there Bobby,God Bless thumbsup2.gif

Victor put it very well thumbsup2.gif

Thank you both!!!