• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Nickels - Show 'Em Off

71 posts in this topic

For the Nickel collectors, show off your beauties - (try and restrain yourself to 1 per post). Finding attractive toned nickels is very difficult - Nickel just doesn't tone as easily as copper or silver, so this may be a very short thread. frown.gif I'll start - one of my favorites and it is very attractive.

1924TonedBuffaloObv.jpg

1924TonedBuffaloRev.jpg

5c-13p1_small.jpg

5c-13p1_A_small.jpg

5c-13p2_small.jpg

I see Whilborg has already put up one of his AT specials. He should sent that coin out to me for refurbishing.

Here are my 13-P's...which everyone should assume are real unlike others around here. devil.gif

jom

You were only supposed to show one coin per post you dolt. I guess the flumes from all the chemicals you’ve used to AT your coins are finally taking a toll on your brain. screwy.gif

P.S. I’m glad to see that this post lured you out of the darkness, I hope you stick around. wink.gif

John

You were only supposed to show one coin per post you dolt. I guess the flumes from all the chemicals you’ve used to AT your coins are finally taking a toll on your brain. screwy.gif

JOM - you could have keep this thread going for 3 days with those - now it'll be on page 3 before the night is done tongue.gif

rbrown4 - that's a SILVER coin - (but we'll forgive you as there probably won't be a thread for toned half dimes! crazy.gif

I have a few more, but unfortunatley most aren't imaged (where is Brandon when you need him) foreheadslap.gif

I have a few more, but unfortunatley most aren't imaged (where is Brandon when you need him)

Don't worry Ron, I have many and they are all imaged. wink.gif

John

How about a white toned nickel?

1737629-ve18801sn.jpg

Bummer. Bruce's images don't show off the thick white skin on this cameo'd beauty! sorry.gif

1737629-ve18801sn.jpg.aa735678fae8cfc620c10f2046bb6f61.jpg

Man these all look good. I had a jefferson somewhere that had a little toning. now I can't find it! frustrated.gif

While you're looking, here's a toned Jefferson for consideration.

1964TonedPFJeffersonObv.jpg

You were only supposed to show one coin per post you dolt.

I'll try to refrain from posting too many of my naturally toned coins, unlike other people (who shall remain nameless ***coughwhilborgcough***) who post there home-made creations for all to see. yeahok.gif

5c-25s.jpg

jom

PS: You think this coin has a mushy strike, you ought to see my 26-D. 893whatthe.gif

1738069-193520001.jpg

The ring of rainbow color goes completely around the rim on this coin, but I had to tilt the coin in order to show it well. This caused a lot of glare and obscured the color on the opposite side. frown.gif

John

I don't have any toned nickels. frown.gif All stolen and dipped by Wihlborg. sorry.gif

jom uses an airbrush quite masterfully.

Braddick kills peacocks and rubs his coins on their feathers.

Newmismatist can't spell and steals coins from Braddick.

It's a cruel world.

Hoot