• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toned Commeratives - Show 'Em Off

78 posts in this topic

Here's the only real great toner I own. Believe it or not this Columbian is in a green label PCGS MS-63 holder. The dealer from whom I purchased it tried to get in into a higher grade holder at least twice in the early 1990s. Each time it was "no go."

ColumbianO-1.jpgColumbianR-1.jpg

Superb coins one and all, can't keep up with them posting. Really impressive. thumbsup2.gif

That last one's gold toning is beautiful Bill. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Bobby,

here is another Texas one for you. Just got it back as MS 66. Very minimal toning but a nice looker.

Rey

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

Welcome to Chocolate Mountain.

I am actually pretty embarassed to own this coin cause I love da whities smile.gif

but it dont lack in character thats fer sure ...

1747177-chocolate.jpg

thumbsup2.gif

1747177-chocolate.jpg.e3ef8a18b920e338391e3f194e6fdcd4.jpg

Matt,

For some reason your images have not been coming up for me, but I just saw your Hudson. Wow! That is a tough coin to find with nice color. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you collecting early commems as a set? If so, do you have a Registry set? I would love to check it out if you do.

John

For some reason your images have not been coming up for me, but I just saw your Hudson. Wow! That is a tough coin to find with nice color. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Are you collecting early commems as a set? If so, do you have a Registry set? I would love to check it out if you do.

I'm glad you like it. Pbase seems to be fairly unreliable when linking pics for some reason. confused.gif

The Hudson commem doesn't pull at my heart strings as much as some others, but in my collection it's undoubtedly the rarest. I originally fell in love with the Spanish Trail. Since then, the Vermont and Bridgeport cloud9.gif have stolen my heart and are my two top favorites.

I got sucked into this numismatic addiction probably two years ago by a friend and started a registry set last year. It's a "type set". For some reason NGC buried these sets in a different location than the full 144 piece commem set and I think a lot of people overlook them. (Not you of course!) Just go to your 50 piece set and scroll-down to around 22 - thats where I'm hiding. I'm trying to rework the photos. The larger ones are new.

This may not be totally appropriate for a "Toned Commem" thread but I'll throw in a Vermont just 'cause I can! (Hope it works...)

Matt

72359616.IZ1xsBl6.Vermont.jpg

Matt,

I took a look at your set and I have to say I’m impressed. While all the coins are very nice, you have some that are really outstanding. I especially like your Hudson and your Lincoln. thumbsup2.gif

John