• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Conder token math

3 posts in this topic

A couple of threads ATS about prices in an old coin price guide and what $100 would buy you in 1900

got me thinking about the rise in Conder token prices over the years. Here's an uncirculated halfpenny

token for which I paid 58 pounds. At 480 halfpennies to the pound, this represents a 28,000 fold increase

in price over the years! Assuming someone set aside an uncirculated example in 1796, what sort of average

annual increase in price do you think this represents (5%, 10%, 15%?)

MergedLothian14a.jpg

Only about 5% per year.

A couple of threads ATS about prices in an old coin price guide and what $100 would buy you in 1900

got me thinking about the rise in Conder token prices over the years. Here's an uncirculated halfpenny

token for which I paid 58 pounds. At 480 halfpennies to the pound, this represents a 28,000 fold increase

in price over the years! Assuming someone set aside an uncirculated example in 1796, what sort of average

annual increase in price do you think this represents (5%, 10%, 15%?)

MergedLothian14a.jpg

Only about 5% per year.

Even worse, the annual compound rate of increase is only 3.308% 893whatthe.gif