• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Testing out my new Olympus camera here on some proof die cracks!

56 posts in this topic

Pics are ok. You need a 2 light set-up to help alleviate the camera shadow and also to be able to get all of the fields of the coin sitting within the holder. You may also want to try a photo program so you can do some circular cropping and just get the coin. JMO

I don't have the set up yet. I was just testing it outside with just the sunlight! Thanks for the information about the light set up though it should prevent the shadows. Correct?

I don't have the set up yet. I was just testing it outside with just the sunlight! Thanks for the information about the light set up though it should prevent the shadows. Correct?

Yes, 2 lights will eliminate shadowing. You'll just have to play with the location of them to get it right. Usually opposite of each other is the best place to start. You can download some trial versions of Adobe photo at thier web site and this can get you some practice with cropping and adjusting images more. You'll see that it takes some practice imaging circulated to uncirculated to proof coins. You've a got a start, a nice digital camera. thumbsup2.gif

My pics are coming through myspace.com. I have a 7.1 mega pixel with a 18x optical zoom How can I get a bigger picture to come over here? Myspace.com will only allow a certain sized pic!

My pics are coming through myspace.com. I have a 7.1 mega pixel with a 18x optical zoom How can I get a bigger picture to come over here? Myspace.com will only allow a certain sized pic!

Have you tried photobucket.com? With afree accct. you can upload 800pixels. With a paid acct. you can upload any size.

How big are we allowed to go here?

You can go any size here. 600pix is good for showing, 800pix is good for grading. I've posted them as big as 1200pix, but then they take up too much of the screen and people have to scrool to see all. You can experiment when you start to post. Just save your pics as a couple different sizes to see what they may look like when you post them.

You still need to put the brackets with the img in the first one and then the /img in the second. First one before pic link and second one after pic link. If your right clicking the bottom link in in photobucket of your coin pic, it will automatically put the img insert backets in your post for you!