• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GUESS THE COIN!

21 posts in this topic

This is a take-off on a game that James started last year. In this version, you will have just three clues at your disposal, and you will be required to determine the following for this U.S. coin:

1. Date

2. Mintmark

3. Denomination

4. Variety

You may guess as often as you wish, and I will let everyone know as soon as possible when the correct answer has been posted.

NOTE: Unfortunately, there is one member who will be asked not to participate because I bought this coin from him just recently.

Have fun!

Chris

Are you ready? Here we go!

1734493-GUESSTHECOIN%231.jpg

589a9264f3065_1734493-GUESSTHECOIN1.jpg.4475a188639c3d16be88d80fad5b7e08.jpg

It looks like a VAM-3 and there are plenty of them-I'll say 1880 CC VAM-3.

OOPS--Morgan $

I believe I'll change my guess to an 1885 P Morgan VAM-8.

Good luck all.

CC

Morgan Dollar

VAM-7 8/7 Dash

Did I win Did I did I huh huh huh Did I smile.gif

What do I win - THe COIN smile.gif ........

popcorn.gif

I guess nobody wants to play. I'd better check my deodorant................or start writing a personal diary.

Chris

I've neve been vammafied certified, so...leave it up, there are those who will play all day Friday (today)

Woody, I'm glad to hear that you're not "VC"!

Chris

What wassit? Tell me, tell me, tell me! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Jim, since it doesn't seem that anyone else is interested, I won't keep you in suspense any longer.

But, first, I want to take this opportunity to thank Tom W., BAJJERFAN for being so generous and selling me this coin from his Registry Set. Even though it wasn't attributed by PCGS, Tom was already aware of the designation.

So, without further adieu, here it is! 1885-CC, PCGS MS65, VAM 4

The mark just below the jaw is barely visible to the naked eye. I guess I'll have to get a lousier camera.

1736523-IMG_1529.JPG1736523-IMG_1530.JPG

1736523-IMG_1528.JPG

Thanks again, Tom!

Chris

1736523-IMG_1528.JPG.10dcd458bc2e98ba622d8a16324ae7ae.JPG