• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

washington error

2 posts in this topic

Will NGC certify a Washington Dollar coin with Shifted lettering on the rim? . i.e. after the word TRUST, either one or two spaces are added on error coins vs a normal coin. I am new to the community and have posted this question elseware.. However I see this was the correct place to ask.

Of the 5000 coins I searched in Florida, I did find the smooth error coins.... within the rolls I also found these coins too... with additional spaces after TRUST. All the good coins did not have this shifted error. I need to know what NGC says about this. Thank you

• Administrator

Thanks for your question.

We have graded a number of PARTIAL EDGE LETTERING error coins.

Our attribtion and Mint Error experts will need to evaluate these coins in person to determine if they can be recognized as errors by NGC. Among other considerations, this depends on how wide the spacing is, if the legends are complete or partial, and if there is any overlap or doubling.

They will be designated as Mint Errors only if they fall outside of the Mint's accepted tolerances for circulating coin production.