• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will NGC certify Washington edge error with shifted lettering?

9 posts in this topic

Will NGC certify a Washington Dollar coin with Shifted lettering on the rim? . i.e. after the word TRUST, either one or two spaces are added on error coins vs a normal coin. I have looked at 5000 coins and only found 4 with the added spaces after TRUST. How rare are these coins? I do know about the smooth error coins, but these are unique.

If you have found 4 of them, unique is the wrong word in coin context. I'm sure NGC would certify them, but I'm not sure it would be certified as an error.

PS: In coin context, unique usually means that only one example is known.

Dont waste your money. NGC will not acknowledge shifted edge lettering errors. They will take your money and slab your coin with a note saying it is not a significant enough of an error. Evidently there is a fine line between partial edges and shifted edges. I wish I knew the difference myself. I hope one day they will acknowledge true errors like the shifted edges and the sintered.