• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow. I just added a $300. coin to my Registry and only received Three Points.

14 posts in this topic

Yep, trying to become number one in the 1983 Mint Set Registry and added THIS COIN to it only to have three points added!

Of course, it probably doesn't help that PCGS called this one "RED" on the insert and its only the MS65 grade. . .

crazy.gif

Must have been wearing RED Spec's - Or Blind or OTHER smile.gif

"Set Description: A year that provided us with "Men Without Hats" the 'Safety Dance' and "Men At Work" 'Down Under' deserves a Registry"

Now that you put it that way .. yay yay for Bradick GO GO GO One position to go

hahah

I know you guys have done figured it out about the points. As long as everyone else in the same category receives the same amount of points per coin there is no unfair advantage.

On the other hand I guess it may seem to be a little degrading to spend $300.00 and only receive 3 points. 27_laughing.gif

Spending thousand$ on an 1807 CBH "Bearded Goddess" and some other variety coins will only get you 3 points as well...

...ain't that a bummer?

They just give 3 "display" points for some coins... but that might be the 3 points you need to up your rank, so I guess it is worth it to some people.

The key to these unplated zinc cents is to get them out of that disrespectful RD holder and into something that will get them more points in the registry. wink.gif

Yea, well I have a 1792 Half Disme in NGC VF-30 and it gets ZERO POINTS! frustrated.gif

Go figure that one out! screwy.gif

Bill... you're not having a good day with the registry, eh? poke2.gif

Seriously, if you have problems with the scoring, you can click on the link for a scoring review. I've done that and NGC does respond--usually within a week.

Scott hi.gif

I brought up the issue about the half disme years ago and got nowhere. It's a "pattern" and therefore is "for display only."

Let's see George Washington mentioned the 1792 half dismes in his 1792 message to Congress as "a small beginning" in coinage, but modern people seem to think they know more about the issue than the man who was president at the time.

Go figure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yep, trying to become number one in the 1983 Mint Set Registry and added THIS COIN to it only to have three points added!

Of course, it probably doesn't help that PCGS called this one "RED" on the insert and its only the MS65 grade. . .

crazy.gif

I had a little surprise like that when I added a 1942 Proof cent in NGC PR-64, Red. I bought the coin to round out a six piece 1942 Proof set, and it just came along for the ride on my type set. The coin also was a slam dunk for PR-65 IMO with no spots a lots of eye appeal.

Well, it only got 3 points, but then again I could have filled the spot with a 1958 Proof cent that would not be worth the price of the slab for the same 3 points.

I've also put a 1909-S-VDB in the 1909-VDB slot. Right now I've got bigger fish to fry than spending $80 to $100 bucks for a slabbed 1909-VDB cent that is almost as dirt common. I think my 1909-S-VDB is worth about 3 type set registry points also. 893whatthe.gif