• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Nicely Toned Eagle

76 posts in this topic

There's a few of us who post here who like nice reverse toned Morgans (Skyman has several killer reverse toned Morgans) I'll post a few that I think are really nice. If we're luck, Skyman will add a few of his - we can have a "dualing Eagles" contest.

RainbowTonedMorgan-1883-0-rev5.jpg

Sweet coin!! I can atest to skyman's morgans! I have seen a few! I have a BC right now and it is a stunner!!

Sooo - if I send you a few of mine, do you think you could mate them and get a few baby mooses? blush.gif

That's a beautiful coin, Ron.

However, I feel quite badly for writing this, but I would be terrified if I owned the three that rrantique posted. Sorry. sorry.gif

I bet you haven't had this asked in awhile Bobby. How about a Peace bumpit.gif

1732282-Picture005.jpgsign-funnypost.gif

Nice Peace Dollar. Don't have to be asked anymore, I'm married. they just take when they want. 27_laughing.gif

Sweet coin!! I can atest to skyman's morgans! I have seen a few! I have a BC right now and it is a stunner!!

Sooo - if I send you a few of mine, do you think you could mate them and get a few baby mooses? blush.gif

Sure would be nice to try eh? In all Seriousness, I would love the chance to photo some of your coins!

Hmmmm, just opened up this thread. Ron, as per norm, some SWEET coins! hail.gif

Rrantique, that's a nice Morgan. thumbsup2.gif I'd like to see your Peace $1 in hand, I have seen NT coins with that color, but the image makes it hard to tell.

Here's a couple MS63*s.

441_04ON63_546.jpg

1362Rev_87N63_587.jpg

EDITED TO ADD: The second coin is an 1887-P.

Another great thread, Newmismatist, along with your pattern cent thread.

Obviously, some petty individual doesn't like you and has given both threads a one star rating.

This is precisely why the star system should be eliminated!

But, in my experience, NGC doesn't listen to the collector anyway so my opinion is nothing but a fart in a hurricane to them.

Another great thread, Newmismatist, along with your pattern cent thread.

Obviously, some petty individual doesn't like you and has given both threads a one star rating.

This is precisely why the star system should be eliminated!

But, in my experience, NGC doesn't listen to the collector anyway so my opinion is nothing but a fart in a hurricane to them.

EZ - Thanks for the nice comments- I think maybe there's a few here who just don't like toned coins - C'est la vie

Skyman- welcome to the party - I put this thread up just for you - you've got some killer reverse toners!

Here's the reverse of my favorite toned Peace Dollar - (Another great image by Brandon):

1923-sRevTonedPeaceDollar.jpg

Skyman- welcome to the party - I put this thread up just for you - you've got some killer reverse toners!

Actually Ron, I was hanging kind of low with them right now. I was planning on doing a thread over on TCCS in the next month or so called, "The wrong side of the coin?", showing some coins I haven't posted in a while (needless to say, my best), so all I've been posting for a while has been images I've posted fairly regularly... though I will be posting an "Easter" reverse toner this weekend (on all the boards) that hasn't been seen in a while.

I LOVE that Peace dollar of yours! hail.gif

OK, here's another one, I find the image a bit juiced, but it is surprisingly close to how the coin looks. This is an 1887 MS64*.

274Rev_87N64_546.jpg

Great reverse toners - Put some more up! I love 'em cool.gif

Sky - I think the members here appreciate nice toners a lot more than across the street - When I saw a thread over there that said the Battle Creek coins were AT - and a number of members jumped on that band wagon - , I figured that it's probaby a waste of time to post the nice ones over there (unless they're in PCGS holders - and then, even if blatently AT, the kool aide comes out of the woodwork) - That said, I have posted a few nice toners over there - I just always expect someone to dis the coins - I'll rummage thru my inventory and see If I've got a few more nice ones to post. wink.gif

Sky - I think the members here appreciate nice toners a lot more than across the street - When I saw a thread over there that said the Battle Creek coins were AT - and a number of members jumped on that band wagon - , I figured that it's probaby a waste of time to post the nice ones over there (unless they're in PCGS holders - and then, even if blatently AT, the kool aide comes out of the woodwork) - That said, I have posted a few nice toners over there - I just always expect someone to dis the coins - I'll rummage thru my inventory and see If I've got a few more nice ones to post. wink.gif

That's why I respect you and CladKing so much...you'll not allow the passion for your niche of numismatics to be diminished by another's opinion.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

That's why I respect you and CladKing so much...you'll not allow the passion for your niche of numismatics to be diminished by another's opinion.

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

acclaim.gif agree with you EZ i feel so diminshed today

1733935-Picture027.jpg

1733935-Picture004.jpg

1733935-Picture004.jpg.266796c11bae50b5367ed7276507e737.jpg

Well, heck Ron, here's a nicely toned Eagle grin.gif...

CappedBust29MS63.jpg

I like the Busty side better! devil.gif

I think I've found a few more that you may like! wink.gif

83-0NeonReverse.jpg

Not the best picture 'cause I took it! tongue.gif