• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess what happens when you leave a sample slab PCGS on the dash of a car.....

18 posts in this topic

Not only is it not flat, it got FAT, the inner ring turned to goo, the insert crinckled up. 893whatthe.gif893frustrated.gif Well, lesson learned. I wonder if this is now considered an error slab? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

TRUTH

Why would you do that to a sample slab?

Because that what slabs...all slabs...desverve!

They should all be melted and the plastic should be reused as trash can lining.... laugh.gif

jom

Cameron,

It is a third generation sample with a kennedy half dollar. The slab is all contorted now, the inner ring looks like half regular ring, half gooy slime, the plastic case melted a bit, the center expanded outward. I'm thinking about putting it on ebay with a $50 reserve and advertising it as the only 'error' slab of it's kind. grin.gif BTW,nothing happened to the coin.

TRUTH

Does it make a difference if the slab had a red label and a deep blue inner rubber ring? I have never seen this on a sample slab?

TRUTH