• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auburn Ma. coin show today....

7 posts in this topic

Wasn't as busy and bustling as I expected. Scratch that. It was busy at the show, there just wasn't a ton of new material that I had expected to run into from the Baltimore shows. Maybe I had high expectations. I did manage to pick up a few attractive coins. Hooked up with Toneddollars for a bit of chatting. That's always a pleasure.

A bunch of dealer to dealer business going on. I was offered quite a few highly certified pieces, but to be quite honest, they weren't very nice, as far as eye appeal goes. Some copper, and some other type pieces.

I did see a few nicely toned Frankies, but I don't pay much attention to those.

I did have a similar conversation with three different dealers concerning pricing. They ALL mentioned at how strong the buy prices were for some dealers in Baltimore, and that how the public hasn't caught up to the current levels, as the prices have risen quite a bit in a short amount of time for a bunch of different series. Larger dealers were willing to pay more than the retail public in certain segments of the market. Same comment from 3 different dealers. All three are anticipating a very strong fall selling season, and I get the feeling that a lot of coins have been put aside for a month or so, to let the price guides catch up, so to speak, and let those numbers get out into the general publics hands.

I could be WAY off with that thinking, but it did seem that way, with the dealers that I spoke with on that subject.

Was expecting to see another board member there, from some PM conversations........beauty sleep must be a wonderful thing wink.gif

Darin, sorry I missed you. I told you I need all the beauty sleep I can get. Would you believe that Saturday I slept until 1:00? It was just one of those weeks and I had some catching up to do.

Will definitively be at Nashua though and hope to see you there. If anyone else will be attending please let me know, I'd love to meet you.

Yes, next weekend is Nashua. The following weekend is the N.H. Coin Expo in Bedford N.H. that willy be larger than Nashua, and runs for 3 days. First year for the Expo, so it's hard to predict how big it will actually be.

I know there are a number of out of area dealers making the trip for that show.