• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True 1936 s Dime Ebay find check out the Holder !

13 posts in this topic

hi.gif Hi all just got this in the post today

? How old do you think the holder is ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif did they have them in 1936 ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Shall i take it out and hope for a -65FSB 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry about the large Pictures i dont know what my scanners up to 893whatthe.gif

1726812-1936s.jpghi.gif

hi.gif

1726812-1936sr.jpg

1726812-1936sr.jpg.f0f9045bf7965a052aed99a12194ede8.jpg

The holder looks to be pretty old, but I really think it's mazing how white the coin stayed in the holder. A lot of mine in those holders have some kind of toning because of the material and holes in the plastic cover. Anyway, Great Coin.

I don't know the history behind the 2X2 coardboard holders, I know they were alive and doing well in 1964, they even came in different colors! Maybe some one can put a finger on the exact date of arrival to the hobby.

Cool dime...pics to fuzzy to see if you'd get the full monty. Looks close though.

I don't know the history behind the 2X2 coardboard holders, I know they were alive and doing well in 1964, they even came in different colors! Maybe some one can put a finger on the exact date of arrival to the hobby.

Cool dime...pics to fuzzy to see if you'd get the full monty. Looks close though.

Yes, they did! I've got lime green and red 2X2's from my Grandfather.

I believe you have a winner-nice coin dooley. I hope someone knows when the holder's were introduced to the hobby-interesting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

yay.gifFREEDOM yay.gif

The edge is so sharp love it 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

You could not see it in the holder but there is a die crack on libertys neck it is very shiney but i dont know about BU

I dont have Cherrypicker Vol II (its on its way from the USA at the moment) but the MM looks a little funny 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1726968-1936so.jpg1726968-1936sor.jpg

yeahok.gif

1726968-1936sor.jpg.429c1a9755cec84b2dd582e9dc66140b.jpg

From 1936 till approximately mid 1955 all Proof Sets were issued in small cardboard boxes in which the coins were housed in cellophane envelopes. Most of the early Proof Sets have since been removed from the cardboard boxes and the coins placed in a plastic holder to protect them from tarnishing.

Can't find when 2X2 holders were introduced.

5055sets.jpg

It does not appear to qualify for FSB, in my opinion. But it is still a nice coin. When did 1936 Mercs sell for 5.25. While not a guarantee of the date of the holder, it may give an idea.

I agree that in the holder it looks like it might be a 1936-D, but once removed from the holder it is pretty clearly a 1936-S. As for grade, the images are too poor, though it appears to have a slight merge in the center bands that would preclude the FB designation.