• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

US COLLECTIBLE CURRENCY IS 20 TIMES MORE RARE THAN COINS

5 posts in this topic

For long term investment and appreciation, US collectible currency is the place to be. Large type prices compared to coins is ridiculously low. Consider an addition to your collection and visit

www.keycurrency.com

You will not regret looking. takeit.gif

Some of that currency is pretty nice (coming from someone who knows nothing about it). Nice designs - I wish modern bills looked that artistic.

You've got a ton of broken links there though, at least under 'legal tender us currency'

Well gee since I have sold over $15,000,000 in currency over the past six years, I assume that might qualify me for a merit badge of some sort!!!

The problem with currency is the cost of entry is expensive. For example, I love the 1901 Lewis and Clark $10 note. I have been quoted prices as low as $750 in pretty bad shape (sorry, I am not up on currency grading) to as high as $1200 for notes in PCGS and PMG 64 holders.

Many notes are beautiful and have fascinating designs. But I can put together a pretty nice 20th century silver set or gold type set for less money than it would take to collect national bank notes, silver and gold certificates. I am not trying to insult, but it is expensive. But that won't stop me in the future when I can afford it!!

I'll look you up then! thumbsup2.gif

In the mean time, I hope you continue to sell alot of good notes!

Scott hi.gif

Yes, it is expensive now. However just three years ago you could have purchased a gem 1901 Lewis and Clark for $3,500 to $3,800. Now it is $10,000 to $12,000.

Since the currency is so rare and collectors are starting to undersatand that, especially in high grade, three years from now we will look back and say, $12,000 was cheap.

The total number of REAL GEM UNC large type notes is only a miniscule percentage of the total notes known. Demand will progrressivly increase as coin collectors see the same picture that I do.

Still, today it is less expensive to collect a complete GEM set of several different series of Large type notes than just about any GEM coin series.