• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay sellers will sometimes surprise you

9 posts in this topic

I would like to share a buying experience that occurred to me today. I bid and won an EF/AU CBH which was gorgeous in my eyes. If cleaned, it was long ago, and had retoned nicely-no scratches that I could see in photos provided. The coin comes in the mail today and lo and behold it is not even close to the same coin-VF tops and doubtful of that. Ugly Coin!!! I am enraged at first. I go to the bid page and find absolutely no refunds due to differences in opinion as to grade/quality. I'm ready to go to Paypal, now. First I posted a letter to the seller and explained the nearly 10 or so differences in the two coins and that I am quite displeased and wish either the original coin that I bid and won or a refund, expecting an argument.

Within minutes an answer came back apologizing saying that the wrong coins had been shipped to the wrong customers and gave the auction #'s. Sure enough there was the other Ugly coin. Now the seller is refunding my purchase with freight both ways and if he can get the coin back from the other bidder he will resell it to me at the bid price with no freight. Whew! I was impressed. I guess with 2300+ feedback with 99.7% positive is a fair indicator of his practice.

Just thought I would pass this positive note on.

Jim

I recently bought several clad Kennedy's in proof 69 DCams from a guy and one of the shipped coins was a 68. i really thought about letting it go because I really got them cheap. I called the guy to check and see if he just shipped the wrong coin and to my surprise he told me it was his mistake and it should have been listed as 68. He was apologetic and told me he would refund money immediately. I just kinda popped of that I really didn't care about the refund as I was satisfied with his explanation and demeanor. lo and behold several days later I received a Dcam silver 69 at no charge or shipping cost. It was refreshing to say the least.

Why then that might make you a competitor on a bid as you would know he was honest! 27_laughing.gif

I am glad to pass on his/her seller name---just_auction_it. I wish that I knew more like him as I am sure there are. Maybe on this forum we could pass on the good names as al_e_gator suggested.

Thanks for listening.

Jim

Hey... there are some of us who do attempt to conduct ourselves with integrity! I have over 1000 positive feedbacks as a buy and seller. As a seller, I try to treat my customers in a manner I would like to be treated. I have had a few problems, but I take pride in my over 1000 positives and only 2 negatives in 8 years on eBay!

Scott hi.gif

I believe there is an honest mistake in everyone, it's just catching it at the right time. I always try to contact a seller first with a "What's UP With This", then if I get the run-round, go from there. I've actually had pretty good luck with sellers making things good.

I once was packaging up coins from an acution and got to a coin that I simply could not find! ~Panic!~ I sat and thought for a minute and realized I had put it in the wrong package. foreheadslap.gif Fixed it. Anyhow, I'm sure that with similar material, it'd be rather easy to do upon occasion, and most sellers would simply need a chance to right the wrong.

Another sotry: My brother ordered a platinum proof set from a dealer. It didn't come and didn't come, then when a package came, it was a proof $5 gold pice in an NGC slab! The dealer had switched shipping labels. The dealer was in an utter panic, but fortunately, most people are honest and he got the platinum set back quickly and straightened out both orders. *spoon* happens.

Hoot

Just to update this issue. The seller called me this afternoon and said the bidder that received my coin had agreed to ship it back today. He is still going to refund my s/h both ways and ship this coin to me overnite freight free. I think I have dealt with a fair and honest individual and should he have an item I am interested in I will bid on it with absolute confidence.

Jim