• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seated Quarter Diagnostics Help Needed - 1853 No Arrows

2 posts in this topic

I'm approaching that part of my 1853 circ year set where my expertise has run out and I am almost wholly relying on help from others. I am hopeful that someone here can advise or point me in the right direction to find the answers on my own.

I still need to acquire an 1853 No Arrows Quarter. There were only 44,200 of these minted. Due to their relatively high value there are many "fakes" out there where 1858's have been altered; or the arrows removed from other coins etc.

Does anyone know what diagnostics can be used to definatively identify a real 1853 No Arrows Quarter?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Any help would be appreciated.

Use a 10x loupe to carefully examine the fields in the area where the arrows would normally be and also examine the '3' where an '8' could have been altered. Examine pictures of how the '3' should appear.

Sorry for stating the obvious.