• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I hate annual subscriptions and dues

10 posts in this topic

Whenever I have the opportunity, I always pay for multiple years..........CW, ANA, TCCS & SSDC just to name a few. To me, it's a hassle having to renew every year, and I usually can get a modest discount when enrolling for multiple years. When you start getting my age, a year only seems like a month has passed. At FUN, I joined SSDC and paid $199 for a lifetime membership. That's great! Now, I can receive the VAMe Updates and I never have to worry about renewing or missing any issues.

I wish that NGC would offer membership for multiple years. Why not offer us a 5% discount for multiple years? Heck, if they had a 5-year membership for $470, I wouldn't think twice about it. Just think of the accounting & postal expenditures they could save. Of course, they could continue sending me my free gifts every year. It's sort of like a birthday present. flowerred.gif

Chris

I agree with you, Chris. I prefer to do things this way, too. I like to pay ahead on utility bills. I tried to pay a year ahead on property taxes but the two counties wouldn't carry a balance over so they issued a refund check for the overpayment amount.

Chris, it's just a little scary for me knowing that we are so much alike in some areas. Should I get therapy? 893whatthe.gif

I agree with you, Chris. I prefer to do things this way, too. I like to pay ahead on utility bills. I tried to pay a year ahead on property taxes but the two counties wouldn't carry a balance over so they issued a refund check for the overpayment amount.

Chris, it's just a little scary for me knowing that we are so much alike in some areas. Should I get therapy? 893whatthe.gif

Only if you think I'm crazy!

By the way, Victor, I received your letter. I'm a little puzzled. Do you think that I can't afford envelopes? There is just one problem with them. If I put a stamp on one, it will cover the address and the USPS won't know where to send it. If I don't put a stamp on it, they won't know where to return it because there is no room for a return address.

Thanks, I guess!

Chris

Well, I asked you if you wanted me to send you some Kraft envelopes and you said yes. Am I missing something here? confused-smiley-013.gif

Take this just for GP:

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Well, I asked you if you wanted me to send you some Kraft envelopes and you said yes. Am I missing something here? confused-smiley-013.gif

Only if you don't like having fun. If you ever make it down here, I'm going to have to take you to one of the Seminole gator farms.

Chris

• Administrator
I wish that NGC would offer membership for multiple years. Why not offer us a 5% discount for multiple years? Heck, if they had a 5-year membership for $470, I wouldn't think twice about it. Just think of the accounting & postal expenditures they could save. Of course, they could continue sending me my free gifts every year. It's sort of like a birthday present. flowerred.gif

Chris

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think we could add this as an option in the future 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Chris

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think we could add this as an option in the future 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Dena, what more can I say! You're the best! cloud9.gif

Chris

PS. I give this post ********** . thumbsup2.gif

When you start getting my age, a year only seems like a month has passed.:

Chris

are you THAT old Chris?????!!!!! 893whatthe.gif

but in all seriousness, I agree.

I sent a coin into NCS about a week ago and they emailed me to let me know they couldn't process the coin until I renewed my CS membership, which I had totally forgotten about.

Ok I have an idea to go along with the thinking here. NGC could have a separate price to grade coins for those who have paid their first full years subscription. After your 1st year if you don’t renew you’re still a member but pay a small percent above the normal per coin grading cost. Or something like this maybe?

Just thinking is all so don’t flame me to bad.