• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

16-D Merc & Why I Like My Local Shops

1 post in this topic

In another thread, I told the tale of my local coin shop having "picked up a few things for me" during the course of last week. These included a Choice AU 1928 Peace Dollar, a 72 Indian, a 08-S Indian and a 32-S Quarter.

Today, I went to visit the other shop I frequent. Both of the dealers have my wish list. I was really taken aback to find I had waiting for me:

1881-CC NGC MS-63

1882-CC PCGS MS-63

1884-CC PCGS MS-64

In addition, his partner gave me a box he brought back from St Louis saying there were some things in there I would like.

I have been building a short set of slabbed Walkers, MS-63 and higher. In the box were about 30 slabbed Walkers - two of which - 41-S and 47 were on my list in NGC-64.

Also, was the 32-D quarter I was seeking, and an 1885 V Nickel I thought I would never find.

Lastly - the 16-D Merc. NGC slabbed, I was apprehensive about buying this coin, as I assumed it was raw. The slab was a pleasant surprise. It's G-4, but that's about as far as I want to take it at this point. The date is crisp and I like it a lot.

An expensive couple of days - but I am delighted with the outcome.

Both of these shops have been looking for specific stuff I am seeking, they find what they can, and they put it aside for me.

As I said in the previous thread - you don't get that one e-bay.