• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not your average Walking Liberty.

38 posts in this topic

This coin is one of the highlights of my collection. I bought it 3-4 years ago. It is graded NGC PR66CAMEO.

There were roughly 75,000 proof Walkers minted, of those roughly 36,000 have been graded (and regraded ) between NGC and PCGS. Until a couple months ago, for several years there had only been 10 Walker cameos graded in total between both NGC/PCGS. Within the last several months NGC has gone from having one 1942 CAMEO to three (2 pr66 and 1 pr67), so I suspect someone has been playing the crackout game. Even assuming both of the newly graded 1942 coins are actually "brand new" coins that still leaves only 12 cameo Walkers in total between NGC/PCGS.

The mirrors on this coin are great. I literally can hold the coin at arms length and still see my face in the mirrors. The devices are a nice heavy cameo. The haze you may see in one image, and what may look like frost fade on some of the devices, do not exist. They are artifacts of image lighting. The scratch below the sun is on the slab. Bruce Lee took the images, and, IMO, did an excellent job.

sh1938wlh.jpg

sh1938wlh1.jpg

sh1938wlhf.jpg

Man that is just so SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

If I was across the street - THIS would get a "You Suck" award no doubt

Sky Man-----I agree with JJ on this one. If it was just a quick glance, you would think it was a modern proof coin. Or possibly one of those reproductions that they are doing these days. Wonderful images as well. A definite keeper----certainly a coin in the box of twenty. Congrats. Bob [supertooth]

I don't know what else can be said about that coin, Sy. That is absolutely the most beautiful Walker I have ever seen. Truely remarkable. thumbsup2.gif to both you and Bruce. I am stunned. Where's my drool bucket.

Thank you folks for all the kind words. Thank you Bruce for taking such EXCELLENT images of the coin!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

The first time I saw this coin it almost looked fake to me... visually it is SO different from the standard WL proof. Once you get used to it though, there is NO going back. If anyone is going to the Santa Clara show in April I could bring it there.

I wish I was going to the show just so I could see that beauty. Wow.

I can tell you this coin is a smoker in hand. If anybody gets to make it to the show, I would do so! You will not be let down!

Couldn't agree more with all of the fine coments about your Walker there SkyMan, it is the cream of the crop! headbang.gif

I don't know how that coin could be any better 893scratchchin-thumb.gif, a true gem. cloud9.gif