• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

101 year old Graduation Announcement

12 posts in this topic

All things were treated with pride and dignity in the early 1900's, even this graduation announcement that belonged to my Great Uncle (My Mother's, Mother's sister was married to him) Louis Nothbohm. Oconomowoc is located about 70 miles west of Milwaukee and in 1906 was not a very large town. As you can see there were a total of 28 in the graduating class, he went on to attend the University of Milwaukee as an engineering student, but was hired by the US Post Office to establish the very first Rural Route System in the state. The Ford Model T was the first automobile to deliver the rural mail in the Oconomowoc area. Being in the Kettle Moraine (glacial deposits) it is quite hilly and in the winter, the only way to get to most of the tops of the hills was to drive in reverse. For some reason, the "Tin Lizzy's" tracked better in the ruts going in reverse...I bet the farmers just stood there in amazement, but they did get the Sears & Roebuck Catalogue for future orders and to hang in the out house for future references.

1906.jpg

Parchment cover

1906pg1.jpg

Page 1

1906pg2.jpg

Page 2

1906pg3.jpg

Page 3

1906pg4.jpg

Page 4

1906back.jpg

Parchment back with card, not much left to the envelope, but original.

Pocket change for 1906

1906half.jpg

1906halfrev.jpg

No, not a copy, the real deal, I have this in hand. The coin also...

Oh...I miss understood the question...no there is not a copy of the speech by Ennesy. sorry

No, not a copy, the real deal, I have this in hand. The coin also...

What I am wondering is if a copy of that speech is in the announcement.

This is a very cool post! Thanks for sharing. I have an original WWI honorable discharge certificate from the services. Things like that are cool. cool.gif

That is very cool. And a HS education back then was worth much more than many HS educations today, sadly.

This is a very cool post! Thanks for sharing. I have an original WWI honorable discharge certificate from the services. Things like that are cool. cool.gif

I agree EZ_E, i feel as though i was born a century to late 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a blacksmith journal-ledger from the 1880's ,list what he charged for different jobs,and also how they would barter for different things. Also the hand writing looks as if a scholar entered it. bumpit.gif

A male principal and 5 female teachers. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif They couldn't keep a building open today with that small of a staff. confused-smiley-013.gif Amazing, thanks for sharing cool.gif

is this someone famous? Ennesy?

Not to my knowledge. I have an interest in classical education so I would have loved to read the speech if it was included.