• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dodgy ? 5c on ebay ? 1835

8 posts in this topic

hi.gif

The coin looks to me like it was found in the ground.

Then somebody washed it in the washing machine with bleach. 27_laughing.gif

How much is it going for ?

Fergie.

I don't know. I tried to do a quick attribution, but the scan isn't all that great.

I guess you will have to wait for the Bust experts to chime in...

Hi Dooly,

Man, that poor half dime has seen better days but it still a 175 year old silver coin and for 10 bucks or so I’d buy it if I wanted it. thumbsup2.gif

It’s looks it be damaged with corrosion on the reverse but still has many of the details can be seen so I feel it’s some value, a problem free bust half dime with only good details are at least $25 and more at my local coin store, so if it was what I was looking for I’d go $15/18 for it.

175 years is pretty old for U.S. coinage, for that alone I think that half dime is really cool, regardless of it’s condition, in fact that’s what makes the coin so affordable. 893applaud-thumb.gif

hi.gif Thanks for that

I think i will contact the seller and see if it was found with a Detector un the uk hi.gif