• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has somebody got beef with me? ("rate this thread" system comments)

81 posts in this topic

There have been simpletons like that lurking every since I joined the boards. They have wee little minds to match their wee little winkies. I've learned to ignore their backstabbing attempts because why should I let an obviously inferior person influence my mood!

I wonder if it's a new member that thinks any star is a good thing. Heck, I would bet many older members don't even know how the thing works. smile.gif Just a thought. Don't let it bug you.

Michael, you shouldn't let it bother you. As for me, I don't give out ratings because what may be of little importance for me may be of great importance for others. If I find interest in a thread, I'll read it. If I have something to contribute, I'll write it.

If someone should assign a low rating to one of my threads but hasn't got the courage to tell me why, then I have this philosophy to fall back on.........................I always consider the source!

Chris

Stars ? What teach me, how does one go about giving a STAR or two or three how many stars can you give ? More important how many do you need,want,desire,dream about and

do they come in sizes and can they be made so they blink or twinkle.Twinkle would be cool

and pulsating would be better.

Michael, it happens to me all the time. There are many different personalities on these and other chat boards. I’m afraid it is what our society has become. I think it is how folks were raised without the proper discipline, and without discipline there can be no respect. I’m far more mature and secure in knowing who I am to do such a thing. And to come totally clean on the matter, when I suspected it was happening to me I retaliated maybe only twice, same person and that has been a while back. It wasn’t you and I wouldn’t do it again simply because I refuse to stoop to there level. There were only 2 people who knows this, me, and God. A web administrator could likely verify it through computer files and seriously I’m not suggesting they do. Now everyone knows it.

I’m a happy go lucky type of person and have learned through life’s experiences to reserve my resources for the important challenges that life hands us. The rest to me is mostly fun and games. I’m also a sensitive person, always have been, but don’t mean I’ll stand and take an asss kicking without defending myself.

There will always be those who seek power and control over others. Learn to deal with it.

It isn’t me who degraded your scores, I personal think you are a nice and decent person.

smile.gif

I think that all these topics are important and knowledgable in one sense or another. I enjoy reading them and being able to respond in one way or another also. I also think that whether it has a 1 star or 5 star rating, that most people don't even pay attention to those when checking the topic post anyway. I know they don't influence me in any way, shape, or form when I'm checking out someone's post. I wind up looking at all of them regardles if I have an interest in that topic, am able to respond to that topic, or is just a topic that I will glance at get info on something I know nothing about. I've posted topics here and I've never paid attention to the star rating system, and IMHO, it doesn't bother one bit if it has no stars, or 5 stars. It's the contents that concern me.

For the first couple of years on the NGC boards, registered users could also rate other users with a 5 star rating system. I think this subconsciously influenced what one posted in order to avoid getting flamed with one star. :þ But, a vast majority of users on these boards are a very matured bunch of collectors willing to help one another w/o selfish motives. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The NGC boards are a microcosm of some of the finest people imaginable!" I've met some of my best friends here, some of which I have never seen face to face. So, Mike, don't let the minority ruin your entertainment factor here.

Arch, I suggest that you eliminate the 5 star rating system since it serves very little use except to allow a few petty individuals to show superiority over another.

For the first couple of years on the NGC boards, registered users could also rate other users with a 5 star rating system. I think this subconsciously influenced what one posted in order to avoid getting flamed with one star. :þ But, a vast majority of users on these boards are a very matured bunch of collectors willing to help one another w/o selfish motives. I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The NGC boards are a microcosm of some of the finest people imaginable!" I've met some of my best friends here, some of which I have never seen face to face. So, Mike, don't let the minority ruin your entertainment factor here.

Arch, I suggest that you eliminate the 5 star rating system since it serves very little use except to allow a few petty individuals to show superiority over another.

I gave this post 1/2-star! 27_laughing.gif

But, I too, think it should be eliminated. I find little value in it. If anyone wants to be a critic, they should write Book and/or Movie Reviews for the New York Times. People with pet peeves shouldn't be allowed to insult others anonymously.

Chris

Yes !

It's pointless. The view and response counts are enough for us to get the idea if something is getting some attention.

More than enough.

Plus to it, we certainly can decide for ourselves what we enjoy to read.

Fine point sweetie ! flowerred.gif

Fergie.

Oh yeah, Pendragon, don't let the kiddo's get ya all fired up. 27_laughing.gif

People with pet peeves shouldn't be allowed to insult others anonymously.

Exactly, Chris. And, I've never had any qualms about insulting you to your face! tongue.gif But, I'm still fond of ya, you gator eater, you! grin.gif

Same goes for you, Fergie, er...I mean...princess. hi.gif

I'm lucky if someone even responds to my threads. I could care less about being rated. Don't worry about someone giving you one star. They are just trying to be a clown.

Exactly, Chris. And, I've never had any qualms about insulting you to your face! tongue.gif But, I'm still fond of ya, you gator eater, you! grin.gif

Victor, I would never, never, never insult you to your face. I don't have to. All you have to do is look in the mirror. flowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Chris

Victor, I would never, never, never insult you to your face. I don't have to. All you have to do is look in the mirror. flowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Chris

Um...thanks. flowerred.gif Yes, everytime I look in the mirror I'm refreshed and ready for a new day. Let insults come my way. I don't care what one may say. I won't let it spoil my day. After all, I am so darn handsome just as you hinted at. Thanks, Chris. You're an encouraging friend.

Hey, 123 Cents, that was a funny post. cool.gif

I had already given the post the 5 star rating and in the same post I also voted to abolish the star rating option as I see no usefulness in it.

I’m not going to elaborate on the issue for I feel I have already said enough except to say the five star rating is as useful as teats on a boar hog.

Fergie, are you a princess or a prince? smile.gif

There have been simpletons like that lurking every since I joined the boards. They have wee little minds to match their wee little winkies. I've learned to ignore their backstabbing attempts because why should I let an obviously inferior person influence my mood!

little winkies rules me out tongue.gif

HMMMM, I dunno Stanley shy.gif

How would you like to view me as. flowerred.gif

Thank you for the interest there Stan,,, may I call you Stan ? shy.gif

Bye, for now,

Fergie.

sign-funnypost.gif

little winkies rules me out tongue.gif

893whatthe.gif

Wow - tons of replies to this thread since last I checked it.

To elaborate on my previous posts, here's what motivated me to start this thread: I just happened to notice several of my threads had recently gotten 1-star rankings (I assume by one person, since many of us don't seem to use the star ranking system). I normally wouldn't care, but then my recent post to the buy/sell/trade board also got a 1 star rating.

I've never had a problem buying or selling with anyone here, and indeed, have had many good experiences. My items for sale were perfectly legitimate, although they had some spotting issues which I fully disclosed in writing and with photos. I became concerned that a 1-star rating on that selling thread might harm my ability to get someone to buy from me because they thought someone else was saying there was a problem with buying from me.

I can only think of 2 reasons to give that thread a 1-star rating: (1) the coins do have (disclosed) problems and the person who rated it was rating the items for sale and not me. I think that's a really inapropriate use of the thread rating system. (2) the user has some personal grudge against me and they're just trying to smear me in some way by rating all my posts a 1.

I'm very bothered by the possibilities that arise from both of those options when it comes to the BST board. It essentially offers anonymous users to make a negative comment towards sellers or buyers without elaborating or attaching their names to the negativity. I could really care less what people think of my regular posts; I say what I mean and if I decide I was wrong, I'll correct myself as I see appropriate. I am bothered by someone being able to potentially interfere with someone else's business ventures on this board in an anonymous way.