• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th Century Type Set

11 posts in this topic

I thought that it would be fun to show off this type set that I've had hanging on my hallway wall for awhile. I had a habit of constantly improving coins in the set but I didn't want to go too crazy. Most of the coins are XF-BU with a few a bit lower.

20th%20Century%20Type%20Set%20-%20Obverse.JPG

I think it's a great set, expect for the liberty head nickel. That one seems to stand out like a sore thumb and say "upgrade me, upgrade me!" I'd like to get something like this, someday when I have a house to diplay it in.

The Liberty Nickel is a 1912-D. Believe it or not there was a crummier 12-D in that spot before and I replaced it with this one. I agree, it wouldn't be too expensive to upgrade but I like the coin.

I think it's a great set, expect for the liberty head nickel. That one seems to stand out like a sore thumb and say "upgrade me, upgrade me!" I'd like to get something like this, someday when I have a house to diplay it in.

I'm doing a 7070 and the Liberty Head Nickel "with Cents" has been more difficult than I had expected to find in AU-low MS condition...without spending an arm and a leg...and other parts of my anatomy that I'd like to keep...L

Thanks for sharing your collection to date. No doubt you will continue to upgrade as funds and suitable coins are available. I really think you have put together a nice type set!