• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my cherrypickers' book just arrived!

8 posts in this topic

Good Luck!

I picked one up in Charlotte -- haven't had a chance to crack it open for more than a few minutes, but it looks like some neat stuff... also looks like I'm going to need a microscope at some point, too.

Happy Cherry Picking!

... also looks like I'm going to need a microscope at some point, too.

Happy Cherry Picking!

Ha, no kidding, some of the stuff in there is mighty tiny !

Add stack of post-it notes too. They will come in handy when correcting all the mistakes. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Fergie

What does the cherrypicker's book actually have in it? Are they for all series, just modern stuff, or what? Just wondering if I should stick this on my wish list.

Hi hi.gif

I have 4th ed vol1

Which has 1/2 Cents

Large cents

Eagle cents

indian cents

Lincon cents

Two cents

3 cents

Shields

Liberty

Buffalo

&

Jeffersons

but the best bit is the definations of Errors which i was so wrong about and still am

but its helping me get better makepoint.gif

Fourth Edition Volume II covers half dimes to Modern Dollars, plus Gold and Commemoratives. That and the volume Dooley mentions are the two that I use. However these by no means come close to showing all varieties but enough to keep you busy.

Know how you feel halfpint, got my copy last week and it is unbelievable the wealth of information available in this book. Now added to vol 1 it gives one a method of truly checking their coins for nearly anything.

Good luck

Jim