• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forum Giveaway!!

62 posts in this topic

I am going to be giving away a 1913 Type 1 Buffalo Nickel in VF 20 or so. Here is how you can win this coin. Well as most of you know I deal in musical instruments. Well yesterday we got a 1961 Fender Stratocaster in beat up shape. We will be parting the guitar out. There will be 5 main actions on ebay of these parts. Neck, Body, Tremolo(missing saddles), neckplate, and the pickups(2 original ones). To win this givaway you must tell me how much we will get for all 5 auctions when it is all said and done. Closest answer wins. Good luck!

The Five Auctions are :

1. Neck - 1961 (relacqured)

2. Body - 1961 (refinished)

3. Pickups (2 of them) - 1961

4. Tremolo (missing saddles) - 1961

5. Neck Plate - 1961

edited to add list the 5 auctions with a price for each and your total. The total is all that counts but the other part will be fun!

I thought we were having a forum going-away, not a give-away. When are you heading out?

Now, before I guess, I need to know what a tremolo is. And is "no saddles" a good thing or a bad thing?

I hope soon as to when I am leaving.... A tremolo is where the strings attach with the body of the guitar. Having no saddles is not a good thing. Original saddles would make it better, but I will take what we got.

Why not restore Bruce - I find it hard to believe its in that bad a condition.

To restore it would take a good bit of money. This one has been aound the block 10 times over. Mike the neck is killer though.. you would love it!

1. Neck - 4350.00

2. Body - 2900

3. Pickups (2 of them) - 1800 if truly original

4. Tremolo (missing saddles) - 900

5. Neck Plate - 250 ( This covers the truss rod nut cover correct )

Whith these parts its all on condition .. so I couldcbe off a few thousand smile.gif

total $$10200

Pictures would be nice - I feel I have an unfair advantage - Bruce knows why smile.gif

But I will start thus giving everyone else a unfair adavantage - But thats OKAY I already have the nickel smile.gif - I will donate to a YN if I win ...

5. Neck Plate - 250 ( This covers the truss rod nut cover correct )

This is the plate with the serial numbers that holds the neck on the guitar body.

Edited to add the pickups are 100% original with the correct wires. Black back style.

I should also mention that the logo(been replaced) and the neck / body markings are all but gone.

Hey Bruce, I'm a musician too. Know this model is a very nice collector guitar. Parting out, I still think that you will get some pretty pennies for it. It's really hard to guess how much, but I guess I'll throw my 2 cents for about $8,000.00

I will put it in perspective for you .. Pristine condition '61 Strat w/tremolo full Original

$30-35,000.oo

I will put it perspective for you .. Pristine condition '61 Strat w/tremolo full Original

$30-35,000.oo

I will leave what I think out since I would not want to hender anybody's guess.

That is cool bobby. I assume you play guitar?

yea I do Bruce. You should check out my link in my signature box. Where it says "check out my original music".

BTW, depending on how many people are looking for these parts, you will probably go a ways beyond my guess. The 61' is a very very collectible guitar. I have a friend that has a 60' something gibson les paul. Worth a few thousand itself. I used to have a 90' model fender squire strat. Nice guitar. Good luck on your auctions!!

I contacted Steven Seagal and he asked if it was a "lefty" what ever the heck that means. I guess left handed Stratocasters are kinda rare? Didn't Hendrix use one? headbang.gif

1. Neck - 850.00

2. Body - 1650.00

3. Pickups (2 of them) - 1200.00

4. Tremolo (missing saddles) - 650.00

5. Neck Plate - 125.00

$4475.00 (sight unseen)

The parts are on ebay now. The pickups are not on yet, but they will be soon. This is not a left handed strat but those are rarer. Jimi Hendrix used a reversed headstock strat.

I know absolutely nothing about electric guitars except that I have heard of the Fender Stratocaster. So with that said:

1) 2,200

2) 7,800

3) 1,500

4) 1,500

5) 1,000

Total: $14,000

Good luck with your auctions Bruce thumbsup2.gif

Hmmm. I never played in the high school marching band so I don't know much about guitars. smirk.gif But I'll have a go at the guessing game anyway. smile.gif

Matt

1. Neck = $1556.79

2. Body = $2284.24

3. Pickups = $1023.77

4. Tremolo = $1324.91

5. Neck Plate = $318.25

6. Sum of the parts 893applaud-thumb.gif = $6507.96

Why would anyone want to restore Bruce? I didn't think he was that old.

Chris

Why would anyone want to restore Bruce? I didn't think he was that old.

Chris

sign-funnypost.gif

Been a picker for over 40 years but been into the acoustic side of it for over half of them now.I do recall the early 60's strats to be quite well made great sounding and handling gut boxes. Alas my electric years ended some time ago although I still enjoy Floyd and Skynard and some of those old tunes. I now own a couple Martins (one is a D28- early 70's) and a Gibson Dove - black. Any how back to the original post here... I'm gonna take a stab here and say total 6969.69 for the works.Hope you do better though. Good luck ! CC