• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I keep having problems getting the Registry page to load...

7 posts in this topic

Sometimes it loads just fine, other times it times out or says servie not avalible...

When it does this, I've tried 2 different PCs at my house on Cable modem, DSL and Fiber connection from my office....

Not sure if its related, but Its been doing this alot since 3.0 was released...

Did you know as of Saturday Embarq / Sprint recently had a systems outage that affected the states of NC, SC, Tenn, and VA. During which time my access was anywhere from limited to non existent. Otherwise I have had no problems connecting or navigating the site.

• Administrator
Sometimes it loads just fine, other times it times out or says servie not avalible...

When it does this, I've tried 2 different PCs at my house on Cable modem, DSL and Fiber connection from my office....

We've released about 3 hot fix patches to the site since the launch of 3.0. If your timing was unfortunate, you might have been trying to hit the site during those times. We've also seen one or two bugs in those hot fixes that could result in system problems (thus the hot fixes) so it's possible you ran into one of those.

Like all new releases, we've seen a wrinkle or two, but have actually been very stable. The issues that we have seen will smooth out more with each passing release.

We do monitor the site via automated processes and get notified when down time occurs, so in most cases anything that goes wrong should be temporary. I would just come back in an hour and it should be fine. The goal, of course, is to have none of those issues but even now they're a pretty rare exception.

We've released about 3 hot fix patches to the site since the launch of 3.0. If your timing was unfortunate, you might have been trying to hit the site during those times. We've also seen one or two bugs in those hot fixes that could result in system problems (thus the hot fixes) so it's possible you ran into one of those.

Like all new releases, we've seen a wrinkle or two, but have actually been very stable. The issues that we have seen will smooth out more with each passing release.

We do monitor the site via automated processes and get notified when down time occurs, so in most cases anything that goes wrong should be temporary. I would just come back in an hour and it should be fine. The goal, of course, is to have none of those issues but even now they're a pretty rare exception.

Other than the few timeouts or not avalibles, I mentioned, I am really happy with 3.0...

I like the way it looks much better... I can

My only other complaint or nit pick is, I wish I did not have to log out to see a customer view of my actual collections...

I've done a bit of coding, building of forums and other web/network design, including project Managment of the development and testing of a Provisioning System for a Broadband Network, that is for provisioning Internet Service, VOIP, and Video Services and I can tell there mush have been tons of work put into this system, not only in this upgrade, but from the start to get us here...

Thanks for the efforts... Many of us really enjoy it...

Whats funny to me is I think I now have more coins graded on the other side of the street, but I prefer the registry and the forums over here...

Keep up the hard work!!!

My only other complaint or nit pick is, I wish I did not have to log out to see a customer view of my actual collections...

There is a solution to that

Create a desk top short cut and use it to enter your home page, and you will have to log in only to edit. thumbsup2.gif

• Administrator

Well, clicking on the set listing gives you a MOSTLY public view of your set, but I see what you mean. Well worth thinking about. It has been a ton of work to get this version rolled out, so I'm very very happy to hear good comments about it, as well as constructive criticism. So thanks for that! smile.gif

As for future items, well there absolutely is a road map and version plan for further enhancements of the site, and some pretty exciting things are in there! As a long time registry geek (as the designer anyway if not a true collector user) I can tell you that some of the planned features are very cool.

As far as letting the cat out of the bag on what they are, though...

sorry.gif

I can't do that yet. But hopefully it's somewhat satisfying to know that there's more in store!