• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

been hunting on ebay again this time in Germany

5 posts in this topic

More rubbish for sale on ebay 893censored-thumb.gif god they must be so bored in china 893censored-thumb.gif
I think it's more the US Mint employees in the 1860s that were bored (though I might be wrong about their motivations). I don't think the Chinese are bored, I think they are out to make money!

? how do they cast these things do they have to have an origanal to make the molds or just scan images into computers 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That isn't a cast copy, that is just a really poor copy. I would think that the folks in China wouldn't have time to be bored since China appears to be the source for so many counterfeit US pieces.

their counterfeiting looks pretty poor.But thats what they want you to think these coins are made by apprentices for fun and sold to visitors.The ones made by mastercraftmen would keep you up at night.Can't help but wonder when 1913 nickles will appear