• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newcastle (UK) Coin fair finds

7 posts in this topic

hi.gif Hi there state side. just got back from the Coin fair at Newcstle 12 stalls and not a lot of US coins, a few over priced $20 gold $'s & about twenty mogans. I think i did quite well though !!

25p mixed box (silvers) the 44 dime has a nice Rainbow tone (not shown in the scan

1705291-25pbox.jpg

25p Mixed box (coppers)

1705291-25pboxc.jpg

Nice D Die 1913 Indian head Five cent from the 25p box, Runs all the way from the Hair to the neck.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1705291-1913nose.jpg

1886 morgan (what do you think the grade is & type) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1705291-DDmorgano.jpg

the morgan shows dubbling ? On all the lettes in America and tip of the wing and some of the leaves (the dealer was well upset when i showed him) After i had payed him wink.gif £14

1705291-DDmorganr.jpg

1705291-DDmorgan.jpg

I still have to check the other coins so we will see if there is any other intresting bits... Please feel free to coment on my finds All feed back grately recived Good or Bad.. gossip.gif

Please have a look on the world coins site as i am listing the World coins i found.

1705291-DDmorgan.jpg.02c9c2e6cd4a374553c990d3910b6c6a.jpg

No not many states.. one dealer had 2 sealed mint rolls but i dont know enough about them to buy them he was also saying that his US buyers had taken all his brittanias and he could not get any more ? hi.gif

I am sorry to say that both of your double dies are actually Mechanical Doubling, a very common error that adds no premium to the coin. Nonetheles, these are all very nice coins, and I congratulate you on getting them for good prices.