• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cross grade. Can I do it

2 posts in this topic

I just bought a 1879cc capped die Morgan...XF40. I have had a hard time finding one and I had to resort to purchasing one in a ANACS old slab. What are the chances of it coming back to me XF from NGC. I want to add it to my reg set.

Secondly, Can I request that If it does not cross to XF that it stay in the ANACS holder?

Thirdly, If I upgrade to a $99 dollar membership can I use this as one of my 5 submissions. and send in the other 4 coins raw.

Thanks,

REDMAN

• Administrator

Thanks for you questions. They are answered in turn.

NGC offers a crossover service for coins graded by other companies. NGC does not release crossover statistics.

When submitting a coin for crossover you can specify a minimum grade. If your coin does not meet that specified grade, it will be returned to you in its original holder, as submitted. NGC will also provide an explanation of why your coin did not cross. If no minimum grade is supplied, the coin is assumed to be submitted for crossover at the same grade assigned by another company. You can request ANY grade to have the highest probably that your coins will be graded by NGC. You cannot request a grade higher than the grade assigned by another company.

The Collectors Society coupon can be used once for one submission invoice. Since coins in holders must be submitted on a separate invoice from raw coins, you cannot use your five-coin coupon for the five coins as described.