• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Box of $1 Presidential coins?

6 posts in this topic

If you asked your bank to order you a box of presidential dollars from the Fed. Would there be different dollar amounts or is there only a $1000 dollar box? I think its only the $1000 dollar box, I just want to make sure.

I may be wrong but I'm not sure banks order from the Fed any longer. I was thinking coin came from a private service such as Brinks.

I may be wrong but I'm not sure banks order from the Fed any longer. I was thinking coin came from a private service such as Brinks.

That all depends on the size of the bank, location relative to a Fed or Fed Branch.

I thought i seen that March 15th was the last day to order GW dollars by the box ? IF you order from your bank you might get a mix of Sac and SBA's. i know the bank that i order from don't want them coming back - so basically Walmart get a majority of them since they where pushing them on everyone 7 years ago when the Sac's were new. Iv'e gone thru 3 boxes since the last summer and have found a 2000P wounded Eagle and a couple proofs. Ordering my 4th this week. The best was a 2001S proof Sac..not bad shape but has been touched some and a few dings. Drats !!!! still no Cheerios dollar .....good luck Jeff

The banks order from the Fed whether they choose to use a private service or the Fed themselves. The private services are contracted to act on behalf of the banks, which they charge a fee for. So you can order a box from any bank and get it returned to you.

BTW: None of the Federal Reserve Banks nor the Federal Feserve Board have notices posted on their websites saying when they will stop taking orders for Presidential Dollar Coins.

Scott hi.gif